Thursday, February 28, 2019

A dedication


Right before Thanksgiving last year,  I corresponded via email with Chester Fesmire about his remarkable blog dedicated to 1/87 (HO) scale vehicle modeling, Modeling in 1/87. He is one of the finest scale modelers I have ever come across, be it railroad, vehicles, aircraft, armor or any other subject matter. I had been visiting his blog and asked if he might consider adding a search box to aid me (and others) in trying to find things he might have posted about by searching for various terms. Chester said he would try, but he wasn't entirely tech savvy, so I walked him through the steps and we succeeded in adding the search tool.

I was also hopeful I might meet him at the Springfield show in late January in the area where the vehicle guys congregate in the Mallory building. Imagine my shock and chagrin to find that Chester passed away in December from terminal cancer. What an incredible loss and what an amazing person. While fighting cancer, he took the time to respond and help me out. I am deeply saddened by his passing and send my condolences to his family.

I encourage you to visit his blog to see the incredible legacy he has left us in digital form.

Image above lifted with the utmost respect from Chester's blog. Thank you, Chester.

1 comment:

  1. Ted,

    I could not agree more on your opinion of Chester. His models are second to none.

    I knew that he had lost his wife a couple years ago, and that seemed to really take the wind out of his sails. What I didn't know until after his passing, was that he had also lost a daughter; but I am not sure if it was before or after his wife. That info was second hand. Anyway, something tells me that when his cancer was diagnosed, he was too heartbroken to fight it; and he just let it take him. A very sad thing. He had great talent.

    gary roe

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome!