Thursday, October 24, 2024

Bill Welch's FGEX Consortium Book

 

Since the passing of Bill Welch, I have received many inquiries about the book that he was so passionately engaged in creating. I thought it probably a good time to share some insights into the status of that project. Many of you are aware that Bill handed that off to me when he realized that his time was growing short, even though it was already decided that I would publish it. Sadly, his time was shorter than we imagined and he passed before we were able to arrange for a proper discussion of what he had done, where the files were located, etc. The result is that I have been scouring his two computers and an external hard drive to piece together the parts of the book. Bill seemed to have believed in repetition, as there are many, many folders that are duplicated (maddeningly, not exactly duplicated) in various places on these drives. I continue my work of sorting through it. To put it succinctly, the project moves forward, although it is not yet press-ready by any stretch.

P.S. many have offered aid in the form of sorting, proofreading, etc. I appreciate those offers and when the time is right, I will gladly avail myself of those offers. However, it is still not yet that time so I appreciate the continued patience. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you have his material. I look forward to seeing a finished product. In Bill's honor I will be cheering on the Dodgers in the World Series.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome!