Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Great Northern Stock Car - a question


It has been a long time since I last posted, at least by my reckoning. My move to Brooklyn is mostly complete... I still need some additional furnishings and other things, but I have a place to come to, including a furry wagging tail to greet me. Being a new Brooklynite, I am reviewing tattoo artwork, nose rings, and handlebar mustache styles (ok, that last sentence is made up... for now).

I received a query about the crossmembers on the Great Northern stock car kit (there are actually some people out there who build these things!) I thought I'd share the answer for any others in a similar situation. The question is how do the crossmembers sit so that the bottom (closest to the rails) is flat. The answer is that the stringers closest to the center sills should be notched. See photo. I hope this helps.

P.S. I have no more castings for these kits and am uncertain if I will have any more in the near future. My apologies if you were looking for one. The last ones went a few weeks back.

P.P.S. I expect to get back to more regular postings in the very near future. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!