The powerhouse from Maynard "Mitch" Mitchell was the highlight of the meet for many observers. It was extremely impressive in person.
As I noted in the post with my clinic file from the event, it is a large event on many levels, with more models on display than anywhere else I can think of, more vendors than other RPMs by a factor of 3-4X, and more people than other RPMs by a factor of 3X. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to take it all in, but I did manage to snap some pics with my phone to document things that caught my eye. No slight intended to those not included. There was just a LOT to absorb...
This attractive Rock Island covered hopper was the work of Zach Pumphery (although I may have mixed that up... if you know, please drop a comment below)This diorama of the CNW's Tama, Iowa elevator was created by Ron Christensen. It was another of the most impressive models on display
Mont Switzer had a display of TOFC equipment from his beloved Monon. These are modified Penn Line flats with modified and resin cast Mini Metals trailers
Lloyd Keyser's RSD5 was my favorite model from the event. Lloyd heavily modified a Stewart RS3 plus an Atlas power chassis and cab plus lots of elbow grease. Lloyd's fine model was painted by Bill Strauss.
Eric Hansmann is not just a freight car modeler. He built these 1923 Mack AC trucks from Jordan Highway Miniatures kits.
This NYC Pacemaker car was built to represent a car with ghost lettering shown in a 1967 Jim Sands photo as recreated by Timothy Alund
This is an in-progress diorama of The Chicagoan by Chris Zygmunt
Steve Hile kitbashed the Rio Grande's Burnham Terminal Coaling Station (Denver) using a couple Walthers coaling towers. It is another of the gems that was extremely popular
If you attend RPM events, St. Louis should be on your calendar at some point, as either a yearly pilgrimage or a bucket list trip













Thank you for not only attending and presenting a clinic, but for posting nice photos of these great models.
ReplyDeleteIt was a pleasure, Lonnie. As always, a fantastic event!
Delete